IPL Winner Season 9
2 years ago
Who will be the IPL Season 9 winner? The IPL finale is on 29th May 2016. Let us wait for this exciting day to know the result! 😀
In the mean while, check out the list of IPL winners in the past.
Chennai Super Kings have won IPL twice, and reached final six times. Mumbai Indians and Kolkata Knight Riders also have won two tournaments and own the prestigious record of most consecutive wins.
List of IPL winners
- 2008 : Rajasthan Royals (runners up = Chennai Super Kings).
- 2009 : Deccan Chargers (runners up = Royal Challengers Bangalore).
- 2010 : Chennai Super Kings (runners up = Mumbai Indians).
- 2011 : Chennai Super Kings (runners up = Royal Challengers Bangalore).
- 2012 : Kolkata Knight Riders (runners up = Chennai Super Kings).
- 2013 : Mumbai Indians (runners up = Chennai Super Kings).
- 2014 : Kolkata Knight Riders (runners up = Kings XI Punjab).
- 2015 : Mumbai Indians (runners up = Chennai Super Kings).
- 2016 : Winner to be decided on 29 May 2016 at Bengaluru.
When it comes to best winning percentages, CSK are again the leaders, maintaining success rate of over 60% every time they take the field while Mumbai Indians have recently started to pay-off their strong fan-following. KKR have covered quite some ground too, winning two of last three editions whereas Kings XI Punjab had a wonderful 2014. Royal Challengers Bangalore is one team with tons of promise without any trophy and then, there are smart franchise Rajasthan Royals who still win more than they lose despite their small purse.
Delhi Daredevils continue to invest in their unsettled squad when Deccan Chargers sold out in 2012 and now are known as Sunrisers Hyderabad. Pune Warriors and Kochi Tuskers Kerala were disqualified by BCCI after three & one year respectively for not paying up their dues.